We have a new and exciting game mode to share with you! Inspired by the Netflix Show ‘Squid Game’, we’ve come up with a new game mode to allow more players to join the Defina Game with ultimate fun and exciting game experiences!
This article will explain our Squid Game mode gameplay, features, and rewards ⭐️ This is the concept design, the official game mode launch may have some minor changes as we get feedback from the community.
We would like to thank our community for all the suggestions and support, we will continue to release new features and take in feedback, making Defina a game we can enjoy together. ❤
- Players need to hold a commander NFT (see the pictures below) or any Defina hero NFT.
- Players need to hold $FINA to enter the game and choose a combination of cards to play
The Commander NFT is unlimited. It is the in-game RPG character in the squid game mode, players need to control the commander to walk on the map.
- Three games will be held every day, and there is no limit on the number of players registered in each game. (Depending on the number of players and the demand of this game mode, we may increase the frequency of this game mode in the future).
2. Different from Defina’s adventure mode, mining mode and arena mode, players do not need to hold 4 different Defina hero NFTs to participate in the game. All participating players only need to hold a commander or hero card as an in-game RPG character 🔥
3. After the game starts, all players will get ten cards randomly and will need to spend a certain amount of $FINA to select and purchase their own participating card group. During the card selection period, players can spend $FINA to shuffle the cards. At the same time, SSS, SS, S, A will have different prices in $FINA depending on the rarity. Players can freely decide how to spend $FINA for their card selection.
There will be a cap for all players, the cap will make sure no one will get 4 SSS heroes.
The total $FINA spent in this round will be allocated to the prize pool. X% will go to the final winner, Y% will be allocated to the development team, and Z% will go to the prize pool to reward the players who successfully entered the final round. [Subject to change, XYZ will be decided before launch].
4. After the player selects four heroes to form a team, this team will complete the task in all battles in the squid game mode.
5. The game is divided into 6 stages. The first 5 stages will allow players to fight in the form of boss battles, which will test the player’s position, DPS strength, recovery ability, survivability, and team cooperation.
6. After the fifth stage, the remaining X players will enter the final game. [X will be determined later]. Players will enter the Lost City map and control your movable avatar 😎 (commander/hero) to play the final ‘squid game’.
Here’s a sneak peak of our Lost City Map ⬇️ (click the hyperlink to view the whole map)
7. The final stage will take place in the Lost City map. The main objective for the players is to find loot in treasure chests and claim them by leaving the game through an evacuation point. And the last player who leaves the map through an evacuation point will win all the $FINA in the ultimate prize pool💰
8. Throughout the game, players will start the battle against each other when you meet them on the map 👀. And if you run into an AI BOSS, it will automatically start a fight as well. Players will use their own formation to fight each other and the BOSS.
9. If no player survives, it will determine that the game has failed. The game prize pool will be added to the next Squid game mode.
As time goes by, 8 random evacuation points will appear on the map. The game time is 10 minutes in total. The evacuation points that appear on the map within 10 minutes will have the corresponding system prompts. Each evacuation point can only evacuate one player. The player can choose to leave the game at any evacuation point, though once a player successfully evacuates, the evacuation point immediately disappears.
There are treasure chests with various items. These treasure chests may have $FINA or various rare items/equipment that players could use in-game, and even NFT hero mystery boxes! 🤩 At the same time, some treasure chests may be traps that will add a debuff to your team.
The Squid Game Mode will be released after the Official Game Launch (official game launch in November).The Squid Game Mode is still in its concept design stage, all the above game mechanics may be changed based on future beta tests and player feedback.
Please stay tuned for it, meanwhile, you could start playing, earning and learning about formation and strategy after our Official Game launch in November.
Let us know what you think of the new Squid Game Mode in Defina and what other ideas you may have, chat with us on Discord and get the latest updates from following our social media!
We will airdrop Commander NFTs to 100 lucky winners! 🥳 To be qualified for the draw, please follow the steps below to get tickets for the draw.
Campaign Open : 6:10AM 10th November 2021–3:59PM 30th November 2021 (Pacific Time (US & Canada))
Follow the steps to get entries: https://gleam.io/rWDG3/defina-squid-game-mode-commander-nft-giveaway
Questions You May Have:
1. For the random cards during team selection (NOT the avatar), are these “virtual” as in they can be any hero in the pool, even ones the player doesn’t own?
Yes, the heroes are from the hero pool. You don’t need to own any hero to play the game, and the hero NFTs you own will not be used in this mode to form the formation.
2. If a Hero NFT is used as the avatar, does it have any effect on the battles whatsoever? If so, do levels, abilities, etc. matter?
The Hero NFT is a cosmetic choice for the avatar. There are no special abilities or effects. But do keep in mind that they are limited compared to the Commander NFTs.
3. Besides the giveaway, how can players acquire Commanders? Will they be sold by Defina in the Marketplace?
- Players could acquire Commanders through purchasing them on our marketplace. One player could purchase 1–4 different commanders so he could choose different avatars for his/her gameplay.
- Besides the airdrop in this article, we will have more community events and giveaways to reward our community members with Commander NFTs. Please feel free to join our community and interact with other Definians!⭐️
4. What is the Commander NFTs total supply? Do they have abilities of their own?
- The supply is unlimited as we want to allow more players to join the Defina Game.
- No, they do not have abilities and they are not usable in other game modes.
About Defina Finance
Defina Finance is a fascinating blockchain game that combines the concept of DeFi and NFT. Players can buy or collect various NFT Mystery Boxes to get heroes & weapons as well as fight and enhance their champions to learn skills in numerous game scenarios. Players can participate in DeFi yield farming and earn abundant on-chain earnings while enjoying a fun and strategic card game with PVP and PVE modes. Defina’s vision is to bring blockchain to millions of players, allowing them to explore a new form of gaming through blockchain technology.
Define your destiny, conquer your enemy & earn FINA daily!